Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grampa Links to the Rescue!

I remember this time when I was in fourth grade, it was our PE day, but it was raining outside. This resulted in us having to play kickball in the inside gym. One crazy kid decided it would be fun to play with a giant crab ball instead of the normal sized one. So as I was not paying attention to where the ball was being kicked, it hit me in the back of the head and made me hit my chin on the hard wood ground and I had to get stitched up. Trying many times to call my parents and even neighboors, nothing ended up successful, except for my sweet Gwampa Links! I remember feeling so relieved that he was going to save me and take me to the doctor! He "saved my life" that day in my teeny little world when I needed it the most and I will never ever forget it.

No comments: